799 Middle Country Rd, St James, NY 11780, USA
1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Terrible company. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

My vehicle was only 4 months old when my windshield cracked. I called Safelite on 4-6-18 after confirming with my insurance company that I am covered for a new OEM windshield. I asked for mobile service and was given a scheduled date of 4-19-18 at 12 noon (I have email confirmation). The installer did not arrive until 3:30pm.

He was about to start removing my cracked windshield so I asked to see the new one. As he took it out of the truck and set it on the table I noticed a chip on the bottom (photo available). I told him I would not accept that windshield. The chip would have been covered by the trim but would probably have cracked as soon as I hit a bump.

I was then given a new install date of 5-4-18. Before arriving they called and tried to get me to bring my vehicle to them even though I asked for mobile service and told them I have an empty 3 car garage for them to work in. Upon arrival they tried installing the same chipped windshield that I rejected on 4-19. Keep in mind that when you bring your vehicle to them you are not allowed in the service area and cannot see which windshield they are installing.

They returned 2 hrs later with a new windshield or possibly found a way to repair the chip so it wasn't noticeable. While replacing the windshield they damaged the small chrome trim piece on the passenger side (photos available). They also threw all the trim pieces on top of my rear leather seats while doing the work (It's a luxury SUV that is only 4 months old). They told me that they will order a replacement trim and they would fix it once the replacement was available.

I drove to their shop 3 times between May 9th and June 4th, only to be given different excuses each time. I finally received a call on 6-6-18 that the replacement trim had arrived.

I drove to their shop immediately and finally got the new piece installed. It took 61 days from start to finish on my windshield replacement and I had to make 4 trips to their shop (so much for mobile service) and numerous phone calls.

I didn't like: Read my review.

Comments