Had a chip repaired on the windshield about the size of a penny.The repair didn't look any better and is now a spider web.

I called and said I was dissatisfied with the results. Per their warranty..if your not happy with the repair they will credit the cost towards replacement. These sorry people at Safelite took $10 off the difference. Repair cost $125 and he quoted me with tax $260 to replace.

They said that's all they could do because of the failed repair.

I asked why it was a failed repair and he said because I complained about it!!!I hope they go out of business!!!!!!!!!!

Review about: Safelite Autoglass Repair.

Had an Experience with Safelite Autoglass?

Comments

Columbus, Ohio, United States #689015

When a repair is schedule customers are informed that the cost of a repair will be credited back and that will offset the price of a new windshield, mouldings, labor etc.

When a repair is made no one can guarantee it won't crack further. Also factor in weather, temperature and location of the chip. There's no warranty only the guarantee to apply whatever you paid as a credit towards the windshield. Also that windshield ha a National Lifetime Warranty for as long as you own the car, in all 50 states.

It sounds like you possibly didn't understand the guarantee.

And I don't think Safelite will be out of business anytime soon. They are a well established company with coverage across the ENTIRE USA.

Also factor in the sheer number of repairs made annually. Probably about 3 million.

Statistically there's less than 1% failure rate. I would have Safelite do my repair/replace. They are the only company out there with such guarantees and extensive warranty.

I've know of many who've used them and have not had any issues.

Just my 2 cents :)

What are you talking about. You're making zero sense.

If your repair failed, indeed the full cost of the repair is applied towards the cost of the installation of new moulding and a new windshield. You're not out anything.

And stop whining, your glass was already broken. That's why a repair was attempted in the first place.