4.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 15

Update...I’m not sure whether it was through this site or Safelite survey but I was called from store manager. They replaced the entire rear window and regulator today....I now have a working (which it was) back window with glass in it :).

Kudos to whoever got their attention....I’m now happy!!! So as far as my earlier comment....I was wrong...Safelite is reputable company that made it right and made me (the customer) Happy :)

Original review posted by user Sep 11

I managed to hit my F350’s power sliding rear window with a rock from a *** eater. The price for the little was ridiculously high but what are you gonna do.

It took about a week for Safelite to get the window in and I took it to shop on a Saturday for a approximately 4 hour repair. About 3 hours later they called to tell me the motor for window is too weak to move the new window and the cable won’t connect on new window. There was nothing wrong with the motor beforehand... it worked fine...

just needed glass. They asked what I wanted to do (more money) and told them to leave it...I needed my truck back. I figured since I used to be a mechanic I’d figure it out. I waited a couple of days for rain to quit before looking at it.

The Safelite guy said the cable was 3 inches too short. I found about 2 inches in a loop sticking out of back panel next to window and after pulling back panel I found the rest of the shortage sticking out of the regulator all jammed up. Apparently them running the motor with cable not connected twisted it up in the regulator. I answered the satisfaction survey to be contacted...we’ll see if that ever happens.

Wished I would have paid the extra $100 for complete new rear window from the cheaper place down the road.

I mistakenly thought Safelite was reputable...lol...what a joke!!! Oh btw this was in Independence MO

Review about: Safelite Autoglass Windshield Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments