We had a storm in Connecticut a week ago where my window got cracked at the molding area causing a leak into my headliner and down into the electrical.I called safelite on Saturday and the kid at the 800 number sounded uneducated because he kept asking the same questions twice.

They then put me through to someone to handle the claim which they filed telling me that they do the claim. The earliest they said earliest they could come out was Thursday. Today they called me leaving a message and said they couldnt do my truck on Thursday. I called them back and they told me because I don't have a carport they couldnt do the repair.

I said what about today and was told they couldnt do it today. The woman then said they arent even scheduling appointments for next week yet. They were quick to put in a claim with my insurance company but not willing to do the service. At my regular job which I am a supervisor I have allowed Safelite to replace employee's and neighboring employers in our parking lot since its large.

This wont be happening anymore.

They will be kicked out for trespassing.

Review about: Safelite Autoglass Repair.

San Diego, California, United States #668445

Hello sir,

You say on Thursday that they couldn’t come out to replace your windshield on that day, due to you not having a car port or cover. It must have been raining on that very day. If so that would be the only reason for them to not be able to accommodate an install without cover.

Let me explain to you what can happen on a rainy day if your car doesn’t have cover. When moisture or anything comes into direct contact with the windshield or the glue line it compromises the seal of the windshield as well as the agents that help your windshield to bond to the glue and the pinch weld. With that type of compromise you not only lose the expert and quality install that you expect but you also lose the safety that your windshield once provided for you.

Your windshield actually holds up to 30 to 50% of your roof in the event of an accident. Now say a technician comes out to install your windshield on a rainy day with no cover. Well what would happen is that the glue that he shoots, once in contact with the moisture from the water droplets will start to prematurely cure same with any moisture on the windshield as it is being set will cause each part of that glue line to cure instantly not allowing for it to bond properly to the windshield. Which in turn means you will have a windshield that may in the event of an accident come out rather than stay intact as well as have future air noises and water leaks. Which is not only a huge danger for you and your passengers but it also not a professional practice for any business or company. As a technician for this company it is our duty to make sure that every install is professionally and safely done for each customer because we care for your safety.

The technician that is coming to your place of work our home will call you in the morning and if they have openings in the shop they may have been able to have you come in and complete the install in a safe environment out of the rain.

Mobile Technician Cory Schneider