I had a cracked windshield and chose Safelite to replace it.Big mistake.

They replaced it on 12/11/13. After they replaced it, I noticed they cracked the molding and broke my wiper retaining clips so the wipers were loose. Not a huge deal but disappointing. Less than 3 months later a stress fracture (a crack) developed originating from the edge of the glass.

After waiting on hold for 20 mins to schedule a replacement they came out and told me there was an impact that caused it. The impact they pointed to was below the wiper and even below the hood line. Yeah right. I guess the pebble did a boomarang and struck the glass.

Curved right around the hood. Amazing. They said they would be happy to schedule a new insurance claim. Not a chance.

I escalated my position to management. After a second visit and multiple calls, probably a couple hours on hold, they refused to stand by their lowsy product. Just told me to file a claim with my insurance co.

Don't put yourself in my position.Steer clear of this poor quality company.

Had an Experience with Safelite Autoglass?

Comments

So you're mad because you received newdamage to the windshield that was obviously not from the install... And you did nothing about the damage you accuse the tech of doing.... Smh people these days

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #819762

It sounds like the little boomerrang rock really ROCKED YOUR SOCKS. Ha makes my fingers feel weird. When my coffee is too hot I pour it on myself because it keeps me awake better lol im good