Let me tell you the scoop from the inside.
1. The glass they use isn't any better than any other glass company.
2. The first price they quote you, isn't the bottom line price.
3. The "discounted" price isn't the bottom line price either as they have what is called Regen. This is short for regeneration and that is typically the bottom line price.
4. Often if you tell them who you are insured by you can get a discounted price. If not, you will get the full high price.
5.They tell you that their technicians are trained for two months. This is BS. They are trained for maybe two weeks, IF THAT!
6. The sales people are told to sell wiper blades. Their "Hydroguard" blades are ***. They tell you that old blades will cause scratching damage to your new windshield. That is mainly false and only very bad blades will cause damage. That is a scare tactic to get you to buy blades that they get paid $1.50 commission on.
7. They will tell you that you are getting a "military" discount, "AARP" discount, "holiday" discount or that the wiper blades are "on sale" right now for $22.98. They're not. That is regular price.
8. As of June 9, 2014 they have started making it MANDATORY that you give them a credit card in 47 markets across the nation. Many sales reps write down ALL your card details in notebooks that can and may be used for illegal activities at a later date.
9. Their TV commercials are misleading stating that you can get a chip repaired at no cost. Just to let you know, a chip repair with them will cost you AT LEAST $100!!! (It can get discounted depending on who you are insured with)They say their repair resin is "the strongest" and "longest lasting in the marketplace." It isn't any different than most other resins you will get at other companies.
10. In training you are taught that "buyers are liars." THAT is just what they think of their customers. They also think that the public is "***", "clueless" and "morons."
11. They heavily preach ethics yet have very little with employees and are worse with how they deal with customers. They frequently make it nearly impossible to make commissions because they base making it on many different and intangible factors that you can't control.
12. They are a British owned company and say they have been around for 66 years. BS!!! They filed for bankruptcy in 1997 when they were owned by, wait for it, JP Morgan Chase. They are now owned by the Belgian company named D'Leteren Group.
13. They do very shoddy work. They have what's called "Executive Services" which is the warranty department. I take on average 5-6 calls PER DAY from customers that have had installation issues. There are around 1500-2000 people working in three call centers. That averages out to 7,500-12,000 poor service calls PER DAY!!!!!!! Something isn't right here!
14. Speaking of poor service. Their technicians regularly leave parts off of vehicles that routinely cause wiper malfunctions, door glass malfunctions, moldings attached wrong or left off, trim pieces attached wrong or loosely, damaged leather seats, damaged dashboards, paint, wipers, door handles, locks etc.
15. Many of the sales people make fun of and make racists jokes and comments about Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, "White Trash", Red Necks, etc. They truly think you are ***!
16. They have just taken(6/9/14) another price increase for their glass and mobile service fees have been increased in many markets. Hey, they have to pay for those expensive commercials you see on TV.
17. Much of the charity work they do goes overseas. Now, I'm not against charity but I also believe that charity starts at home. Let's take care of our own, THEN go outside the country and help out.
18. They have fired reps for giving available discounting to our veterans. YES, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY! They have fired reps for discounting service to our veterans!!!!
19. They will tell you that they "need" your full name and phone number. That is not true. They can give you that quote without that info. They are compiling TONS of data on you in asking for that, credit card info, email addresses, etc.
20. They preach ethical and consistent treatment of employee's. This is SO far from the truth it's ridiculous!!!
Folks, do yourself a favor and use a local glass vendor. Keep your money local and with a company that TRULY does care about you and your business.
Review about: Safelite Autoglass Repair.