A tiny rock hit my windshield, the damage was smaller than a quarter so I thought ill call safelite because I always see there advertisements. The safelite man come out to my school because I live at a university.

First off, it took him 30 min to find me, my school has 2000 students, it is not that big. He came out to my car looked at the small crack, and started poking and gently hitting it with a tiny flips head. I didn't say anything because I thought he was trained for this job and knows what he's doing. Clearly, he didn't know what he was doing after poking at the crack it obviously spread and got bigger.

So all in all he sealed it and left, I thought everything was fine and windshield was sealed. Two weeks later I sit in my car, the crack had spread up to 6 inches.

Very dissatisfied with everything. Now I need an entire new windshield, not calling safelite this time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Safelite Autoglass Repair.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 05, 2013.

Comments

Titusville, Florida, United States #766746

Also it's a windshield, insurance pays 100% of replacement.

Many people don't want to make an insurance claim for auto glass replacement, as they're afraid their rates will go up. A cracked windshield, however, is usually not your fault. It's what the insurance companies call a "no-fault" claim, and as such won't raise your premiums. It does depend on how your car window was damaged and which insurance company and kind of policy you have.

If you live in Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts, or South Carolina, you live in what's called a "Zero Deductible State." That means that your insurance company is required by law to allow you to purchase a windshield replacement using insurance with no deductible—as long as you have comprehensive insurance on your vehicle. If you live in one of these states, and have comprehensive insurance, it makes sense to use your insurance to pay for your auto glass replacement. Florida and Massachusetts only fully cover windshields, but Kentucky and South Carolina cover all glass replacement

Westminster, Colorado, United States #766742

Just like getting a tire hole patched the repair shop did not cause the puncture they tried to fix it and if it doesn't work you need a new tire same with windshields. :cry

I have had repairs completed in the past and the tool the poke at the windshield with is to remove any remaining loose glass flakes. Did you do any research ahead of time?

A two minute Google search and I was able to find information from several sources stating that repairs are never a 100% certainty on windshields. It is glass after all.

It's not like you are welding steel plates together. *** even then the weld can fail on those.