2.8
Service Scheduling

About the second week of June 2017 Safelite came to home to replace the windshield on my 2005 Ford F-250 I've used them before with great results, with other insurance companies, but never again.The tech pulled out & destoyed the edge molding & then told me there's some rust & he can't do anymore for me even If I signed a release & then left, good thing I located a glass company just a few miles away & they said sure they could take care of it, I signed a release for them, my insurance even had this company on their approved list, so goodby to Safelite & hello to the new local company.

I'd tell anyone to stay away from Safelite.Someday they'll have a lot fewer customers & wonder what happened.

Review about: Safelite Autoglass Car Part Replacement.

Preferred solution: None needed. I'll always try elsewhere for glass..

I liked: Showed up on time.

I didn't like: Wasted my time and damaged molding.

Had an Experience with Safelite Autoglass?

Comments

Unless the second glass company removed the rust for you, your vehicle is now unsafe.Windshield Urethane does not properly set if installed on top of rust.

If you are ever in an accident, your new windshield is liable to pop out if hit by an air bag or (heaven forbid) your head. Also, the windshield is part of the structure of the vehicle and now, if the vehicle rolls, the roof of that vehicle does not have the needed support and may cave in, causing injuries that could have been avoided otherwise. I am not stating that you have to go with Safelite, just simply saying you should do your research before going to a "preferred" provider from your insurance. These "preferred" providers are simply "preferred" because they do not charge as much as more reputable glass companies.

(i.e. Safelite Auto Glass, Glass Doctor, Etc.) You may ask HOW do they charge less? Simple.

They take multiple "legal" shortcuts that could be a hazard to your vehicle's safety or resell value.These "legal" shortcuts include replacing a windshield in base with rust.

You do understand the glue won't stick to rust? It could leak or in a wreck could be weakened