My wife and I have been customers of Safelite a few times over the years and were always very pleased with the service, however that has drastically changed over the sequence of events of the last few days.We had an appointment on June 30th to have our windshield replaced, we received a phone call to cancel a day before the service because the technician was ill.

The service was rescheduled for July 5th. The morning of the appointment we received a call to cancel the appointment because the technician had personal concerns at home. They wanted to schedule for the next week, I ask if there were any alternatives. I was told that I could bring the vehicle to the shop and they could do the replacement in 1.5 hours.

We agreed to have the vehicle there the next day, which is not easy for us as seniors, also, I use a crutch because of a back problem, I asked what time and was told any time was okay. We received an email that afternoon with an 8:00 A.M. appointment time. We received a call the next morning and ask why I missed our appointment, I told them that we never agreed to the time and was told that was okay anytime was good, I told them we were leaving in the next few minutes.

When we arrived the person behind the counter went back to check with the technician and was told that he was behind about 30 minutes, we were next and he would come out and talk to us first. He came out and reviewed the estimate with us, we agreed and signed for the work. We provided our cell phone number and was told that we would receive a call and the work would be done in 2 hours, also, the person behind the counter agreed to this time. We went shopping thinking we would get a call which never came, so we returned after 2 hours and much to our surprise our vehicle had not been touched and the facility was empty except for the person behind the counter, we asked how come our vehicle wasnt ready.

The answer was, we have been very busy and the other vehicles that were scheduled had to be done before ours. I said that was not our understanding which she agreed to before we left and the technician which told us that we were next. She apologized, I asked for my keys and told her that I was not happy, and we left. We received a call the next morning and ask us to schedule another appointment the next week and I said you have to be kidding.

She said that there had been a misunderstanding and I said there wasnt any on our part and that I was going to contact Safelite, write a letter and maybe send a copy to the local paper and AARP.Hopefully other seniors will not have to go through this.

Review about: Safelite Autoglass Car Part Replacement.

Preferred solution: Provide the service..

I didn't like: Disrespectful technician, Never showed up.

Had an Experience with Safelite Autoglass?

Comments