Car was not even driven and called due to crack originating from the very bottom of the windshield.Tech came out and said it was from pit which is total BS.

The same exact stress crack originated in the same area which is why it was replaced in the first place - crappy quality, bad attitude and a warranty that is not worth the paper it is printed upon. So at any rate, previous' day's quote (online) was $234. I'm with tech, glass and car and ask for price, since warranty was a no-go.

Now it's $324!!!Told the tech no way, Safelite can eat the fuel charge - what a scam!!!

Had an Experience with Safelite Autoglass?

Comments

supply an demand of parts is what regulates the prices of the install from week to week. its not a scam its just what the item costs...

If the crack was in the same place as before then it wasn't the windshield, it is something with your frame, of course that's not under warranty! It would have probably worked out better if you fixed what was causing the damage first!

Car Computer Exchange will rob you! Car Computer Exchange "ATTENTION!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! PLEASE READ BELLOW. Around May 15, 2017 the "Check Engine" light of my 1999 Mercedes E320 turned ON. I ran..." Read more SafePro Auto Glass.... Safepro Auto Glass "I am the Owner of SafePro Auto Glass. I have balanced my life with God, Family, giving our Customers a "Legendary" Service Experience and Giving Back to the Community. Currently,..." Read more JUST BRAKES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUNG FEMALES! Just Brakes "My young sister got her car broke down last night right by the shop on 8700 Richmond ave, Houston Texas. The manager Eric figure it since she doesn't know anything..." Read more Pep Boys - $500 serpentine belt Pep Boys "I loaded my box truck from Medina Ohio full of donations for small town in Sargent Texas for Harvey victims. My sister and I drove down there to deliver these..." Read more Etrailer - Horrible Customer Service / Returns Etrailer "I ordered 2 sets of trailer keys. 1 set worked, the other didn't as the sets were cut differently. They sent me an email survey which I responded to and..." Read more Maaco - Bad paint job and broke window Maaco "Took my SUV in to have the driver side painted. Plan black was used and you can see the difference because I have sparklers in my black paint. But when..." Read more Brighter Image Lab - Misused photos & go fund me account Brighter Image Lab "Back in 2015, I was searching for option cheaper than having all my teeth removed and getting an upper denture. I sent in a phone and a testimonial to these..." Read more Phoenix Life - Whole life policy was set for 10 years, 27 years and still have to pay premiums! Phoenix Life "In Sept 1990 myself and spouse both started whole life policies (#116...) that were projected to be self sufficient in 10 years. Projections kept getting moved back ... with the..." Read more